Charter of Yokohama Motomachi Town Management
Our Philosophy on Community Planning
Motomachi’s proud history of upholding its own traditions, while at the same time absorbing many other cultures, began with the opening of the Port of Yokohama. Recognizing the importance and value of this extraordinary environment, we are working on a new type of community planning that focuses on the balanced coexistence of residential and commercial interests. We are dedicated to developing a captivating community that is safe and comfortable for local residents, as well as inspiring and pleasant for those who visit.
Basic Community Planning Philosophy
- 1. Community planning that embraces the area’s history and culture
- We will continue to preserve and nurture the history and culture of Motomachi, which has been shaped by the passion and hard work of our forerunners, and will work to create a community that embraces and builds upon these precious assets.
- 2. Community planning that is tasteful and dignified
- As members of the community, we take pride in and responsibility for living, doing business, and working in Motomachi, respecting the rules and manners of the community as we do so. We strive to build a dignified community that respects both the individual and the harmony of the whole.
- 3. Community planning that anticipates and prepares for the future
- We work to build a community that future generations can inherit and build upon, respecting the area’s traditions, while remaining open to new ideas that will spur further Motomachi growth and development.
Community Planning Agreement
- Motomachi Community Planning Agreement
- Motomachi-dori Street Planning Agreement
- Motomachi Nakadori Street Area Planning Agreement
- Motomachi Community Planning Agreement Operating Rules
You must have Adobe Reader in order to view the pdf file.
Please download Adobe Reader if you do not already have it installed.
Download registration forms
- Registration form and procedures for preliminary consultations with the Motomachi Self-Government Administration Society
- Registration form and procedures for preliminary consultations with the Motomachi Shopping Street Association
- Registration form and procedures for preliminary consultations with the Motomachi Craftsmanship Street Association
* The forms above are required when registering to sign onto the Motomachi Community Planning Agreement. (In the case of construction and renovation projects, the relevant blueprints are also required.)
Motomachi Community Planning Council Contact:
- Inquiries regarding the Motomachi
Community Planning Agreement:
- Motomachi Self-Government Administration Society
- Address: 5-208, Motomachi, Naka-ku
- Inquiries regarding the Motomachi-dori Street Planning Agreement:
- Motomachi Shopping Street Association
- Address: Motomachi 1-14, Naka-ku
- Inquiries regarding the Motomachi Nakadori Street Area Planning Agreement:
Motomachi Craftsmanship Street,
Shopping District Promotion Association
Address: HS Building 204, 5-208, Motomachi,
- Motomachi Craftsmanship Street,